As the cold and flu season approaches, we would like to remind parents/carers of a few important points.
- Please remember to phone the pupil absence line on 01463 230250 , option 1, by 9.15am to report an absence.
- If your child has a cold, but also displays any of the Coronavirus symptoms (i.e. a new persistent cough, fever, or loss of sense of smell and/or taste) please keep your child at home, notify the school and arrange for coronavirus testing.
- Please inform the school when a child has been tested and also of the outcome of the test.
With COVID-19 around it is more important than ever for your child to have the flu vaccine. NHS Scotland strongly recommend that your child receives their flu vaccine this year. This is for three reasons:-
- Flu can be serious, even for healthy children
- To reduce the risk of your child spreading flu to family and friends
- To reduce the strain that a spike in seasonal flu would put on or NHS on top of COVID-19
Immunisation forms were issued last week via schoolbag mail. Please ensure your child’s form is returned to the class teacher by Friday 28th August – even if you do not wish your child to have the vaccine. Only children with a completed and signed consent form will be immunised.
We will not be able to accept any late forms, as these require to be checked before immunisation day and the team will only have the correct number of vaccinations required based on the forms collected from the school tomorrow.
The school immunisation team will be in school on Monday 28th September to carry out the vaccinations. Due to the ongoing pandemic Health staff will be wearing full PPE as per guidelines with surfaces being wiped down with antibacterial agents.
We want everyone to stay safe and healthy and we thank you in advance for continuing to help protect your child, each other, and the NHS.